Monday, April 9, 2007

I have a wall you cannot see
Because it's deep inside of me.
It blocks my heart on every side
And helps emotions there to hide.
You can't reach in,
I can't reach out,
You wonder what it's all about.

The wall i built that you can't see
Results from insecurity.
Each time my tender heart was hurt
The scars within grew worse and worse.
So stone by stone,
I built a wall,
That's now so thick it will not fall

Please understand that it's not you-
Continue trying to break through.
I want so much to show myself
And love from you will really help.

So bit by bit,
Chip at my wall
Till stone by stone it starts to fall.

I know the process will be slow-
It's never easy to let go
Of hurts and failures long ingrained
Upon one's heart from years of pain.
I's so afraid
To let you in;
I know i might get hurt again.

I try so hard to break the wall
But seem to get nowhere at all
For stone upon each stone i've stacked,
And left between then not a crack.
The only way
To make it fall is imperfections in the wall.

I did the best i could to build
A perfect wall, but there are still
A few small flaws, which are the key
To breaking through the wall to me.
Please use each flaw
To cause a crack
To knock a stone off of the stack.

No comments: